Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 110 link 530 pitch chain I mocked up tonight on the chop. Yea, way too short. I wired the chain in place without the master link, so that it was just wired up between the last two rollers on each end. That measurement is 7.25" center to center eyehole between the two rollers.

How many additional links do I require for this? I really need to order the correct size the first time, custom lengths aren't usually returnable.

·
Registered
328 Posts
DrDano said:
I've got a 110 link 530 pitch chain I mocked up tonight on the chop. Yea, way too short. I wired the chain in place without the master link, so that it was just wired up between the last two rollers on each end. That measurement is 7.25" center to center eyehole between the two rollers.

How many additional links do I require for this? I really need to order the correct size the first time, custom lengths aren't usually returnable.
always order much more than you need cut out what you do not need. tim

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Figured it out myself this morning:

Chain pitch is 5/8" or .625" between roller holes. 7.25"/.625 = 11.6 ~ 12 eyeholes to fill the space. Each roller has 2 eyeholes, 12/2 = 6 additional links. 110+6 = 116 links total.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.