Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have a guy who is gonna show me a basket he has for sale this weekend and would like some info on what to look for, he has:

'49 frame been raked
mustang tank
"21 spool
extended springer front end (I am sure its gotta be aftermarket)
'76 shovel missing heads, ignition
rebuilt kick only tranny
2 seats, one solo one 2 up
forward controls
new open primary
18" rear w/ new sprocket and no brake
horseshoe oil tank
later model bobbed rear fender
new set of pipes

Is a possible to "de-chop" a frame and return it to stock specs?? If the horseshoe tank is an original (how can I tell) is it worth anything to restorers?
Is the frame worth anything to restorers (prob. not with the mods??) What models came with a 18" rear.
Basically I am curious as to what I should be looking for and how to tell if any of these parts might be a "diamond in the rough" . I would be trading him a pretty good pile of stuff so I just want to make sure I can do what I want with what I am getting...thanks-

·
Atomic Custom
3,829 Posts
Depending on the condition of everything.. I would say that stuff is worth about $2500. But that number could go way down if the stuff is trashed.

Who rebuilt the trans, whats the condition of the motor, how fucked is the fucked up frame, etc...

Be careful.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats about the price range I was thinking, that frame could be a blessing or a curse, depending on the shape, the guy welds for a living but that sure doesnt mean he knows anything about modifying a frame, I'll have some more specific details after I see the stuff...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts