Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know they have it but I cant seem to locate one. Im trying to hook up a 44mm Branch to a CV Carb which is a 40mm opening. So I need it stepped from 40-44mm. Does anyone know where I can purchase one? V-Twin states it is but when I recieved it, it was straight 44-44mm so I couldnt get the CV Carb onto it. Custom Chrome has one but it appears to be the same straight through design of 44mm from what Im hearing.

So this is going out to all who have a branch manifold to CV Carb. I know they have the press on type which goes onto the stock ironhead manifold with the two bolt style but I would really like to use the Branch manifold I have. Any help where to locate one would be great.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
272 Posts
44mm carb going into a 40mm manifold???

this is possibly either going to have a 2mm wide step around the edge or you need an adapter with a a gentle taper so that the air will flow

A 44mm manifold will flow more air with less turbulence, this is your best solution

retaining your current branch manifold is not the best compromise

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
44mm carb going into a 40mm manifold???

this is possibly either going to have a 2mm wide step around the edge or you need an adapter with a a gentle taper so that the air will flow

A 44mm manifold will flow more air with less turbulence, this is your best solution

retaining your current branch manifold is not the best compromise
Well heres the problem Im having. The CV Carb from the newer sportster has an opening of 40mm. The branch from my understanding is one size which is 44mm. Im trying to figure out how to get those two mounted to one another and I swore they had stepped spigots for this sort of application?

The stock Ironhead manifold I believe is a 40mm with a 2 bolt flange on it?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts