Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Looks like a standard Ness 'digger' frame that has had the top and front tubes modified. The tanks are constructed out of thick wall tubing modified in a press, similar to the Ness bike pictured in the digger picture thread. Front end looks about 4" under. 19" wheels front and rear (at a guess).
Sportster motor with knuckle heads. Circa late 70's, early 80's, before he started making all the billet shit.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Motor was built by Ron Trock. Custom jugs designed to mate Sporty bottom end to Knuck top end. Dual plugged heads. Most of the rocker boxes were cut away to leave the valve train exposed.Open pushrods, no covers. Ignition utilizes two magnetos. Cylinders are fed by four Mikuni's.
Frame was built by Jim Davis. Looks to be standard "lowliner" frame that was modified. Gas tank is built in the top tube, oil tank is in seat post tube. Mitchell wheels, 19 front and 18 rear. Dual disc front, disc and sprotor rear.
Arlen did the paint and flames. McCann did the striping.
Funny thing about this bike is it wasn't built for Accel. After the bike was built, Accel approached Arlen about using the bike as a billboard for their products.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Funny thing about this bike is it wasn't built for Accel. After the bike was built, Accel approached Arlen about using the bike as a billboard for their products.
that is funny, did they just like the yellow?! only possibly Accell piece would be what, plug wires?!

also, never seen the other side of the bike to realize it had 4 carbs, thats nuts.

·
Registered
431 Posts
If I had to guess, I'd say Eight inch forward stretch and 0 inch up and 42 degree rake or more. There's some really good pics of this bike in the book "Arlen Ness master customizer" I LOVE everything from him from this era (early eighties and back). I remember these bikes being ridden around my town and being in the mags every month. They were cool then and are cool now, especially the Accel bike. It's hard to imagine it not being built for Accel, though as it has so many sparks plugs on it. I saw it in person in the late eighties at the E.14th st shop (all the famous builds were there) and it was really high quality. Aside from the zerk fitting top end oil system, I'm sure you could have ridden it daily.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts