Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a Paughco framed bike that has a VIN starting in the letters PA The bike was built by a fellow and registered in Arkansas and is currently tagged and titled there. My question is will there be any problems when I go to transfer the title at the NC DMV?

I have never registered a bike that was built and titled with a custom frame, only HD frames and titles. I just dont want to run into any issues tagging this bike. Is there anything specific I should know about custom framed bikes regarding title transfers?

Thanks in advance for your time.

·
Registered
90 Posts
VERY easy to transfer a title in NC. As long as you have a title...any title NC DMV does not seem to care. No bill of sale, no notory, none of the hoops you have to jump through in other states.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Much appreciated.

The bike is titled and currently tagged in Arkansas as a MC, and since the VIN# starts in "PA" I assume its registered as a Paughco. So you guys have eased my concerns about transferring the title into my name in NC.

So am I correct in assuming that once a bike is built and titled the entire DMV process regarding state to state transfers is standard procedure? I do move around from state to state occasionally.

Thanks again guys... :cool:

·
Registered
222 Posts
IL. is bad on titles lately. But was talking to a builder and he said if the bike has a title from anywhere. It can be transfered with ease.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
A lot of "builder titles" start with the letters of the state it was first registered in. The Texas titles I've seen usually start with TX. Maybe the bike was first registered in Pennsylvania?
As the others have said, it's probably legit and will transfer without any problems.
Larry T

1 - 8 of 8 Posts