Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok How the hell,,do you get that last nut (with the roller bearings) off!!
Is it rev thread?? I was using the clutch basket as a wrench but the the damn sprocket turns,,,grrrrrrr,,or am i going about this the wrong way?

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
If I read you right, you're talking about the ratchet gear with the nut and spring, right? If so, it is a normal thread. With the gears all in, make a bar of some kind to grab the teeth of the drive sprocket and lock it in place. Grab a breaker bar and have at it. Mine was on there pretty good, but I hit it up with some heat and a large ratchet and POW! Came right off! Cheers were heard for miles and the build was a breeze after that one stupid nut. If you're talking about the nute for the drive sprocket itself... you should be able to do the same thing with the locking bar... I think. Mine was loose already.... not good. You can also do it in the frame and use the drive chain and have someone hold the brake while you give it a crank. It's a 1-11/16" deep socket or wrench if I recall. I just used the biggest crescent I could get my hands on.

Good luck with the build.
satanherself said:
Ok How the hell,,do you get that last nut (with the roller bearings) off!!
Is it rev thread?? I was using the clutch basket as a wrench but the the damn sprocket turns,,,grrrrrrr,,or am i going about this the wrong way?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts