Jockey Journal Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so im building a 72 oif bonneville i have a 2 1/2 inch seat drop and already instally a solo with springs well i dont like the look i got with the spring solo so i want to do a real hardtail seat the kind that sits on the frame and partially on the fender> does anyone know what kind of seat im talkin about how are they made with what material for the cushion obviously dont want to buy one want more of a custom job for the right slim low line look im goin for dont know if this is a task i can do or if i should send out to a good guy that makes seats n is good but cheap any ideas or help is greatly appreciated thanks

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
ok so im building a 72 oif bonneville i have a 2 1/2 inch seat drop and already instally a solo with springs well i dont like the look i got with the spring solo so i want to do a real hardtail seat the kind that sits on the frame and partially on the fender> does anyone know what kind of seat im talkin about how are they made with what material for the cushion obviously dont want to buy one want more of a custom job for the right slim low line look im goin for dont know if this is a task i can do or if i should send out to a good guy that makes seats n is good but cheap any ideas or help is greatly appreciated thanks
If it were a stock frame, you might easily find an aftermarket frame fitted seat that you can buy and have recovered, but sounds like youve hardtailed your bonny and want a one off seat pan built to fit your frame.....then of course you'll need it padded and covered.

So, if you're able, build your pan from STEEL if possible (depending on your frames contour in the seat area, you may want to do a really durable fiberglass pan.) And then find a GOOD seat builder and get the job done right. I would leave the padding up to the person who covers your seat as they will know what's best for the seat's contour/shape in order to cover it correctly.

You could also slam a spring seat down onto your frame.....personally I really like the look. Its really low profile and offers great lines to the asthetics of the bike. Just a thought and it would save you tons of time, and most likely some dough.

Anyways, have a great one man.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks anvil i actually looked some of your seats up n got the idea from ur page of a diff seat so had some cardboard i trimed out to use as a pan to get somewhat a look but ive messed around with havin my solo seat sittin on frame n mabe its just the seat or contour of it but just dont look right maybe a bigger seat look better but do u happen to know of anyone i v=can contact and get some info on buildin a seat for my scoot unless u do custom side work?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.