Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a foot clutch and a 5 speed kick only tranny. Clutch cable was fine a few days ago. Parked it in the garage and now when I press the clutch down its not engaging the clutch because the cable has to much slack.

I am guessing I need a new cable? But, the cable is only 1 year old?

How would I go abouts checking and replacing it??

Please point me into the right direction.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
it sounds like the clutch pushrod/throw out bearing - take the whole clutch apart and put it back together should only take about an hour tops - take a good look at that push rod seen them melt on the adjuster

·
TI_Tuesday
1,247 Posts
it worked fine before you put it away?

you sure it's too much slack, or the clutch just not functioning?

what AJH said- take it apart starting on the clutch side, if all looks well move to the kicker cover, take that off and have a look at the throwout bearing. did you wash your bike and get a bunch of water in there before you put it away, if the clutch plates got wet and stuck together you would'nt have any clutch either (but this shouldn't effect the cable).

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tom said:
it worked fine before you put it away?

you sure it's too much slack, or the clutch just not functioning?

what AJH said- take it apart starting on the clutch side, if all looks well move to the kicker cover, take that off and have a look at the throwout bearing. did you wash your bike and get a bunch of water in there before you put it away, if the clutch plates got wet and stuck together you would'nt have any clutch either (but this shouldn't effect the cable).
Ya,, It worked fine when I was riding it last.. Havent washed it or gotten it wet.

I think I am gonna start takin it apart tommorrow.. I think you guys me be right... Maybe a throwout or clutch pushrod.

Thanks for the help

1 - 5 of 5 Posts