Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought a special construction with an EVO motor. I know it's clean because it had just gone through Missouri State Patrol Troop C for getting a VIN assignment. I cant seem to break down the motor VIN with any VIN decoder I can find. I know that the EVO motor number would have been the last 10 digits of the VIN with the last six being the serial number, but the first four being DMLL doesn't compute. I'd sure appreaciate any help you can offer. I've looked at the picture of the VIN really close and I don't think it's been restamped; besides, that would never have gotten past Troop C.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Re: Need help from a VIN guru

Is that on the case? is it a sporty? Could be after market motor?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's on the left side of the case just where it's supposed to be. It's an 80" and I can't find anything on it like S&S / Revtech / Ultra markings. The jugs have Harley markings.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Just guessing, but I wonder if that's the way Harley numbered their crate motors.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Have you called the dreaded motor company to see what they say? They may have an answer that the rest of dont?

·
Registered
317 Posts
DM = FLTCU
L=1340
L_1990
you dont have the 1HD in front but i dont think it an issue.

as stated.. might had ben a produced not used and crated.

Butche
1HD would only be on the frame and not the cases. Numbers look good from where I'm sitting.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
got it. Thanks guys. I found a link that finally explained it. I assumed the 10 digit number on my motor would be the last 10 digits of the 17 digit VIN, but I see that it's the 17 digit minus the 1-4, 8,9 and 11. Thanks for everything.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts