Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay here's my problem i'm 6'11" tall and tip the scales at 375 lbs. Now I love harleys and I like trumps but I don't know which bike or powerplant would be best to handle my size and weight. I've already figured I'm going to have to stretch the frame to fit my legs comfortably. But I love the old iron and want to build my scoot and I would just like some suggestions on what you all think would be the best choice for me. Other than everybody here on the jj I don't have any body thats into bikes to help me choose and all the bike shops here want to do is sell me a brand new bike which I don't want cause I like things I have to tinker with. Thank you for your help and advice.:cool:

·
Registered
118 Posts
im oversized like you, depends on what your after...i have a couple old shovels and they are abit like clown bikes lol....just bought a new road glide, doesnt fit here but good bike for giantls like us lol

·
Registered
32 Posts
i think you should go with a harley with a big frame and is much power as you can put in it seems like it would suit you better but it is really your choice in the end

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Sounds like you need a custom built one. Older bikes?, well, you can choose, by the cost on the motor, and stock, or aftermarket. You can get a aftermarket huge inch shovel motor for the big bucks, but then, you did not specify a amount. Maybe a custom built frame, shovel motor, and a 5 speed transmission. Which is only getting you started. Finding something for your height, will be a long term search. Not may 6'11" guys out there riding. And, usually when you see them, they look like your dad, on a minibike. Not sure if you want to build one, but that looks like the only way you will get one that will fit YOUR frame. Not to mention, you could find a shovel motor, and have it stroked mildly for more power, and have a more original bike, but with a longer frame.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the advice everybody and I was planning on building my own frame. Cause I know that's the only way to get a bike to fit me. But thank you everybody.:cool:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for that pic hog wild I didn't even know shaq had a bike but one thing about building a frame to fit me is that I will be able to have a very large capacity gas tank.:cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts