Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Photobucket
I have fine thread 1/2" bolts holding the springs down. I want to screw pike nuts onto that but the top is a female for an alan key. There would have to be a bolt sticking out the top so I can screw on the pike nuts. I need a screw that is all thread with a jammer nut in the middle. Where can I get this? thanks
Photobucket

·
Registered
9 Posts
unsure on the answer to the Ness/Mullins question but that's a damn nice lookin' springer just the way she sits..Acme?

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
I think you answered your own question. Grade 8 all thread and a jam nut. Bottom the all thread, screw on the jam nut (loctite might be a good idea) Then the pike nut. Obviously cut to length and dress the cut ends.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gasketrapper: where do I get that though? Been to hardware stores, motorcycle shops, auto part stores, home depot

I am guessing a machine shop?

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Damn it comes 3'long. well if anyone needs some, PM me
Trust me, if you get the bug to turn wrenches and build Bikes you will find many uses for the Remnants left over. Great for use with pullers, fixtures, linkages etc. etc. etc.

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
As Gasket said and you can use the rest of it right now to build a clamp to hold it togeather while ya take the bolts out or they will end up way the hell over on the other side of the shop when ya take them loose with out a clamp.

·
Registered
710 Posts
It's yours, but please don't put Pike nuts on a Ness springer. It had to be said.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I have to agree with MeanMike no pike nuts. That thing is calling for acorn nuts or something similar. I'm thinking a smooth nut that you could put on with a strap wrench and blue loctite. Damn it now I have another thing I want to make for my scoot!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
uh oh--

pik·er   [pahy-ker] Show IPA
noun Informal .
a person who does anything in a contemptibly small or cheap way.
a stingy, tight-fisted person; tightwad.
a person who gambles, speculates, etc., in a small, cautious way.
Origin:
1275-1325; Middle English: petty thief, equivalent to pik ( en ) to pick1 + -er1 ; compare dial. (N England, Scots, Hiberno-English ) pike to pick1

Synonyms
2. cheapskate, penny pincher, skinflint.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts