Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a front wheel from what I believe to be a '71 or later Triumph, using the small, 7" drum that is conical shaped. It came laced with a 20" rim, making me think it's from a TR5T, trophy trail bike. I'm interested in using it, but would like to see the forks that would match. Anyone have any of these parts they could post a picture of?

Thanks,
Bob

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What is the little downward 'hook' for on the right side fork lower? Most of the early 70's era seem to have it, but as far as I can tell, it's not utilized...

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I wonder if that leg is from a 650 oif bike, I think the only difference was that brake anchor.
That little hook (that does look like a brake anchor) shows up on all kinds of TR5T's and B50T's... Maybe it's a remnant from another model?

·
Banned
2,014 Posts
The fork leg is a common part for Triumph/BSA in the early 70s. The hook is for the larger 8" conical drum.
Robbie

·
Banned
2,014 Posts
Since we already ruined fuelrod's thread, check out this 400-19 Firestone I put on a Hornet.........kind of a contrast:
Looks pretty stupid to me! Poor Hornet!!
Robbie

·
Registered
770 Posts
It is a big sumbitch, but almost exactly same dimensions as the original K70. Don't understand Robbie's rude comment. Sorry to fuelrod for muckin up his thread.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts