Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im sure this has been asked before....but any help is greatly appreciated. i might pick up an old bike (early 80s kawa) im getting it dirt cheap ($50) it complete and was running recently, but he doesnt have a title. will i be able to get a title and ride it legally? or should i not even bother? i live in minnesota. i checked some websites and am not finding much info. thanks a lot.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
In minnesota, without a title, you will have to get the bike bonded. That is assuming that the numbers don't come up stolen. The dmv requires you to bond for 1.5 times the value of the bike (as determined by the dmv), which will probably cost you a hell of a lot more than $50. If you want, I can give you the info for a bonding company I used for a few of my cars. Good luck.

johnnyswitchblade said:
im sure this has been asked before....but any help is greatly appreciated. i might pick up an old bike (early 80s kawa) im getting it dirt cheap ($50) it complete and was running recently, but he doesnt have a title. will i be able to get a title and ride it legally? or should i not even bother? i live in minnesota. i checked some websites and am not finding much info. thanks a lot.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
looks like we may have tracked the title down. the guy im buying it from never transferred the title when he bought it, so its still in another guys name. i got a hold of him and he is going to get me the title. thanks for the help.

pre-unit....whats the link for the frame?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.