Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I have this blown neck lock on my frame.
My ? is it better to fix and repair the neck lock or weld or close the hole.
What purpose does the lock hold? Security? Do I need it?
What is the best way to go about this? Restore or Cover it?
Here's a pic do better explain the situation.

·
Registered
427 Posts
IMHO it all depends what you have there...if your frame is un-altered and I mean no tabs cut toolbox strap in place side car lugs still attached I personally would try to fix it...now the question is what's the easiest way to approach a repair like that...could search whole neck section out and re-section that neck it and it wouldn't look like it was ever touched or fiddle fuck with that little lock boss which would probably take about the same time to repair as a complete neck section if frame is altered I'd weld it shut...if un-altered I'd probably neck section it..

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
Chopper Chaz said:
IMHO it all depends what you have there...if your frame is un-altered and I mean no tabs cut toolbox strap in place side car lugs still attached I personally would try to fix it...now the question is what's the easiest way to approach a repair like that...could search whole neck section out and re-section that neck it and it wouldn't look like it was ever touched or fiddle fuck with that little lock boss which would probably take about the same time to repair as a complete neck section if frame is altered I'd weld it shut...if un-altered I'd probably neck section it..
here's another shot of it from his intro thread:

http://www.jockeyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7521

like you said, depends on what's there, & what he wants to end up with .. either resto, or smooth stuff out & be sure is safe as-is ..

and there's lots of ways to lock a bike .. you'd have to really want to use that style neck lock to restore just that part, & then have the correct fork with the neck post made to match that style lock too ..

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
427 Posts
Dragon said:
here's another shot of it from his intro thread:

http://www.jockeyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7521

like you said, depends on what's there, & what he wants to end up with .. either resto, or smooth stuff out & be sure is safe as-is ..

and there's lots of ways to lock a bike .. you'd have to really want to use that style neck lock to restore just that part, & then have the correct fork with the neck post made to match that style lock too ..

now the kat's outta the bag....after viewing this picture I definetly would weld the hole shut...like dragon say's there are other ways of locking your bike...also looks like top back bone is bowed to me but that could be a optical illusion with the angle of the picture...all tabs are missing side car lugs are gone weld the hole shut no harm no foul...save ya alot of time and money that could be used on your build...this is just my opinion it's up to you how ya wanna approach it...just be sure to share pics of your build...wishbone is one of my favorite's...goodluck...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts