Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Tiny Member
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A guy named Pete sent me these pic.'s of his pieced together Triumph. The placement of the cut down BSA tanks is weird, but you've got to give this guy credit for building a bunch of neat stuff, including the frame.

An interesting animal.

Attachments

·
Registered
675 Posts
Sweet Bike!!! My balls hurt just looking at that seat :)
Tony Bones said:
A guy named Pete sent me these pic.'s of his pieced together Triumph. The placement of the cut down BSA tanks is weird, but you've got to give this guy credit for building a bunch of neat stuff, including the frame.

An interesting animal.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Interesting that the bike has no oil tank. The copper lines are coiled up for cooling purposes I imagine....

I don't think the tank looks bad, it just needs to move an inch or two to the East North East....

I can't imagine the bike gets ridden very far with the seat and no oil capacity, but it would be a fun around town bike for sure....

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
The tanks are split, oil is in one side, gas in the other. That's why you can see the copper lines going up to the tank.

And I don't get why so many of you think that seat would be uncomfortable. It looks like it was molded for a particular rider. I bet it works fine.

That frame looks a lot like a 45 solo frame, I wonder if he customized one to fit or if the frame is scratch built or what.

hudsoncustom said:
Interesting that the bike has no oil tank. The copper lines are coiled up for cooling purposes I imagine....

I don't think the tank looks bad, it just needs to move an inch or two to the East North East....

I can't imagine the bike gets ridden very far with the seat and no oil capacity, but it would be a fun around town bike for sure....

·
Registered
19 Posts
well your the only one who has really looked at the pics.

the tanks are split with oil on one side and gas on other, but the oil tank has been cutaway and the gas tank fits well into it.

the seat seems to get a lot of comment, it is not as bad as you think, it was built for my ass but it is also sprung with an old leaf spring to take out the bumps.

as for the gas tank:- most think it should be bigger or longer, well it is what it is for a reason, and the reason is I wanted to use as many old british bike bits as possible and the tank is a much modified internaly but original outside old BSA bantum tank from the 50's.

the frame is the only none original part on the bike and was built from scratch by myself, everthing else is from the 1950's and british.

Tha Nutz said:
The tanks are split, oil is in one side, gas in the other. That's why you can see the copper lines going up to the tank.

And I don't get why so many of you think that seat would be uncomfortable. It looks like it was molded for a particular rider. I bet it works fine.

That frame looks a lot like a 45 solo frame, I wonder if he customized one to fit or if the frame is scratch built or what.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Excellent work. A bike done to that level can`t be "improved" by changing something.It`s done. l think the photoshopped tank looked rediculous. This bike rules because...it breaks rules.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts