Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Hey Tony. Howed the bagged Wagon turn out. Met you at Erics Sunday get togathers. Had the 53 Ford Convertible. Is Erick Still having sunday get togathers?? I've been in NoCal all winter.. Hey can this be a Bike of the Day. It's what I'm rideing now as I have the 56 Pan/Shovle apart chasing Death Rattle in it. It's a 65 Triumph. PM me about Erick as I'm olnly blocks away now..

Attachments

·
Tiny Member
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
HeX said:
Cool...............

Any more pictures of that bike?
Sorry, that's the only pic. I have.

Hey Pony. I don't think Erik is doing the Sunday thing anymore. That Triumph is scary. Post pictures of the bikes you had back in the day, those were neat.

·
TI_Tuesday
1,247 Posts
I dig that bike and the chick too.

is that a cutout on the neck gusset?...I would like to see a closeup of that even if its on another bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
376 Posts
tom said:
I dig that bike and the chick too.
i agree that the lady looks good. but remember; just like all of us, she's 30 (40?) years older now than she was in that pic...

·
TI_Tuesday
1,247 Posts
yeah, I saw it on fritz's pan but didn't recall it looking as scary (mag not here to compare)

mofo's back then rolled the dice on stuff like that...I wonder how much hard riding frames could take with mods like that before failure?(if ever)...

·
Tiny Member
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
tom said:
yeah, I saw it on fritz's pan but didn't recall it looking as scary (mag not here to compare)

mofo's back then rolled the dice on stuff like that...I wonder how much hard riding frames could take with mods like that before failure?(if ever)...
Gotta' remember that a lot of these pic.'s getting posted from old magazines are of cover bikes...which means they were often (not always) show bikes, which means they were often (not always) trailer queens.

·
Registered
338 Posts
tom said:
is that a cutout on the neck gusset?...I would like to see a closeup of that even if its on another bike.
Here is a not so good shot of a "windowed" frame that has seen its fair share of abuse...

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
tom said:
A few of Indian Larrys frames were windowed like that and they held up pretty good i guess. My frames windowed. I like the way it looks. But if your gonna run it like that be SURE that its not cracked or has any severe stress points

·
Registered
264 Posts
You aren't removing a lot of material when you do the window.Just a little of the web after removing the steering lock.Looks tits!-Strat.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts