Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
All I can tell you is that the front hub for the dual disk 1978-83 XL is not the same part number as the 1984-99 single disk front hub. Not sure what the differences are, and it doesn't necessarily mean that they won't interchange with minor modification. Just sayin'.

Bob

·
Banned
64 Posts
If the rotor mounting holes are the same, just measure the width of the two spools, if they're the same it should work.. Probably not the same part number because one is drilled for two discs and the other for one... jmo.. If nothing else, just try it and see..

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
All the mounting patterns are the same from the last 40 years or so , take one disc off BAM! you have single disc no? Put some button heads in the holes on the other side , the single disc wheel isnt gonna be any differnt except no bolt holes on one side. Anyway, the 79-83 center hole is 2-3/8" and the rest are 1-7/8" only differnce I have seen I have been working with a couple of those wheels and brake rotors on 2 different custom applications, and they are the same pattern as other 84-99 11.5 ones I have. Find a 10" 79-83 and your good. I just bought one on ebay a couple weeks ago about $50. On the same token if you really wanna use one with a 1-7/8 " center on the 79-83 wheel take to a machine shop and they can open up the center easily. I have had late model sprockets cut to fit the larger center hubs wheels too.

·
Registered
697 Posts
i just tried the same thing on my shovel and am now going to wheel number three lol. i assumed the fronts ends from a 74 and a 80 shovel were the same - both are narrow glides but 1 is for a single brake (10 in rotor) and the other the 80 had dual 10 in rotors. well i am running the single on my shovel but i ordered a double brake setup wheel cos it was i stock and it said to work on all shovels. eh nope. the wheel fits but i cant run a brake on it now. so currently i am sans front brake. i am also slightly hungover so i may not be making any sense.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.