Jockey Journal Forum banner

Narrow 18" rear tires....what do you use?

9K views 18 replies 15 participants last post by  NAILHEAD 
#1 · (Edited)
Narrow 18" rear tires....what do you use?

I got a avon S.M. MKII 4.00 x 18 today and I don't really like it much...plus it looks pretty fat compared to what I see in pictures on here. I am using a 21" ribbed avon front.

What other narrow rears are being used?
________
Portable Vaporizers

#2 ·
myke said:
I got a avon S.M. MKII 4.00 x 18 today and I don't really like it much...plus it looks pretty fat compared to what I see in pictures on here. I am using a 21" ribbed avon front.

I think your avon is about as narrow as they get, maybe dunlop has something. I've used the avon on my tri. chopper and it looked pretty dam skinny compared to what harleys are running

#12 ·
The K180 is the real deal.
Let's get rid of the wide tire hype.

After I double checked the specs with ChopperDave a while ago, last week my tire finally came in. Awesome. It was a bit of a pain because these tires are not so common around here. I expect to have the rim coming in 2 weeks from now.
On the front I will run the 21" Avon.
I will introduce myself later in a more official way, but I just had to pay my 2 cents.

#13 · (Edited)
myke said:

Seems like you wanna go the old school way..if you're not, here pictures of a Avon SuperVenom 120-80-18"...on a 4.00" wide Akront rim..(I did this bike in 1988,not sure if these tires are still easely available though..:eek: )

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.