Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She built this before we were married . In the living room of our studio apt. .
She rode it all over the Pheonix valley . Then When we got station at penalton she rode it all over N. county San Diego . Then in 2001 a high school kid traded it off of me since she stop riding it ( got a daytona 500 ) . Long Story short I was on the el Diablo run and my buddy who I haven't seen in a couple years was there telling me about this Hodaka cafe bike he got from another guy and so on . He was going to take it to the dump since he couldn't get it started and ask if I wanted it insteed . Shit yah .
I surprised the hell out of my wife Saturday night When I picked it up . Man did it get fucked up And the flip over the clubmans I don't get that !
Just goes to show You can cafe any bike . I think we paid $100. for the bike in dirt bike form . Then another 50 for a titled frame and head light . The rear seat is made from KZ1000 seat cowl and some plywood . It is scary to see how bad of a job I did wiring it up . LOL

Attachments

·
Registered
950 Posts
Very cool. My wife's first bike was an Ace 100. We had just got married and had absolutely no money...I was half assed involved in dirt bikes and she wanted to go riding with me. I never imagined her actually riding a bike, but I found the 100 sitting in a garge in a negelected state. The guy wanted $100 for it and it might as well been $1000, since our total net worth was probably around $300 cash. LOL! I had just left the Army and was working as an electrician's helper until school started. I wired a garage for a friend and he bought the Hodaka for Barb as "payment". We kept it for several years and added a Super Rat top end and pipe. It was a great little bike and a whole lot of fun for her....until she found out my XL 250 would do 3rd gear wheelstands...then she just had to have a 250. I eventually traded the Hodaka for some old military rifles.
Hank

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.