Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

"correct for the era" HA! 1st one I rode was a brand new '63, this seems about right. Close enough for now, testing out the home grown seat mount, works fine, will take it apart in a while and see how things are wearing in.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Nice bike! I've been trying to find a kick-start with magneto setup like that.....I'll just have to keep looking. Love that look!!

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I have one of those early sprocket covers that matches your cam cover
came off my '60xlch pm me if your interested I was gonna list it on ebay soon but I would sell it now if your interested

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
chevell- repos but very nice, heavy chrome, heavy built-- sportyspecialties

Ya know it's an IH but don't PO the neighbors HA!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Sweet! I am on the hunt for a 63 CH. Dont care what anybody says, those era XLCH's are some of the coolest bikes made by anyone IMO.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Hell yeah, that is nice. The only thing I would change is that new fangled brake light. But the stock look is perfect for what I love.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
"correct for the era" HA! 1st one I rode was a brand new '63, this seems about right. Close enough for now, testing out the home grown seat mount, works fine, will take it apart in a while and see how things are wearing in.
What's wrong with the seat mount? Did the OG 'CH have two smaller posts on the back of the seat?

Beautiful bike, by the way.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yup, chief on a hook 196 ASHC Camp Lane 67,68,69

My seat mount is a copy of the stock double spring in frame pogo mount

·
Registered
770 Posts
Took my Army money and bought a barely used 69 XLCH. Threads like this are kinda making me want another one, but I might have to sell a couple Beezers.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts