Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres my '66 Trump with newly added risers, Z bars, grips and handles. I like the changes. It had really bad billet "pull back" bars and billet grips. They just didn't go with the bike at all. I think it looks better now..

Attachments

·
Registered
252 Posts
Spike! said:
Heres my '66 Trump with newly added risers, Z bars, grips and handles. I like the changes. It had really bad billet "pull back" bars and billet grips. They just didn't go with the bike at all. I think it looks better now..
That's a great look - nice stance on the bike!

I like your choice of background for the shot, but I think that bike would look just as evil with a daycare center in the background!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks! The springer front end is of un-known origin. There are no stampings to indicate a manufacturer of any kind. But I can tell you that its a great front end. Very smooth.

The backround is an old graveyard that has stones dating back to the early 1700's. Its right down the hill from my house.

The stance is all in the bolt on hard tail. Can anyone tell me why an "SR" Triumph frame is different from a regular frame? I'm curious because my bike has an "SR" frame. I've heard they're shorter or something to that affect. My Triumph guy went crazy over the bike when I first bought it, saying that an "SR" frame was special. Whatever. I like the bike.

Spike

·
Registered
398 Posts
Spike! said:
Thanks! The springer front end is of un-known origin. There are no stampings to indicate a manufacturer of any kind. But I can tell you that its a great front end.
Spike
the front end is an old ness coke bottle springer. they have a great look and ride really nice.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
TNsportster said:
That's a great look - nice stance on the bike!

I like your choice of background for the shot, but I think that bike would look just as evil with a daycare center in the background!
Only if Micheal Jackson was standing next to the bike.. ha ha ha...Ooops. He was aquitted...

Spike

·
Registered
421 Posts
Spike! said:
Ooops. He was aquitted...

Spike
Yeah...well...I've been acquitted before too. Means nothing. ;)

Spike, I gotta say, I love the look of that bike. I'm usually not a z-bar guy but those look great. Good job picking the right stuff and setting it up right.

And I agree, cool photo shoot background.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Funny story about the bars.- Theres a local guy I go to for Triumph parts, but wouldn't let him work on my bike. My bike was actually at his shop when I found it, not running. Anyway, I was searching for bars and gave him a call first. He said he had a few bars around and would gather them up. I arrived at his place to see all kinds of bars strewn out on the garage floor. I went straight for the Z bars. He laughed and said "I knew you would pick those bars" "I don't know why I laid out all those others...I just knew it". For ten bucks they were mine. I had to pay alot more for the risers, and then I needed reducers and new cables, grips, and throttle. It was the perfect change for that bike. I don't usually like Z bars either, but that bike has changed my mind on many things. I usually don't like 18" wheels on the back until that bike.

Spike

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
caffeine said:
man that paint is...........i dunno.

douchebag. when you coming up? didja check your email.

bars look much better man.
Its purple. Purple. and, yes, it looks like a bowling ball. It needs a few question marks and some striping. For some reason I think of Larry when I look at the bike.

Spike
PS- I checked my mail but I have no idea if I'm going.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Man than thing looks tough ! I'd like to get a hold of a springer front end for my Trumpet, but I'll have to stick with the front end that's on it for now, I guess.

-Aaron

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.