Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a friend of mine calls me......"ready for another bike?" A friend of his wanted to get rid of a bike that he took apart to repaint about 6 years ago. I said I would go look at it, not knowing anything about a Triumph. Looking at it, the first thing I noticed, the twisted springer front end and the custom frame. Looked the frame over really good to inspect the welds and what not to make sure it was solid. I asked where the motor was, under a cover on a stand the thing looked great. No grease and grime anywhere for the most part. he had every single part he took off of it. Slowly pushing the kicker down it turned over freely. So we struck a deal. Cheap is what i like. Loading it up he says "oh by the way, there is a new cam chain in the motor new valves and a bigger cam. Only has about 150 miles on the rebuild." Are you kidding me? I scored a fresh rebuild a very clean springer front end and a well built custom frame for under a grand? My Lucky day.

Attachments

·
Registered
198 Posts
What ever moves you. I do like the frame and springer!

·
Registered
939 Posts
A prism tank would look great on that bike. Coffins are too boxy and sit up too high. Short to medium length sissy bar, and a decent king/queen seat, not too high.

The one thing hard to get right on Triumph long bikes are forward controls. Usually look too bulky and out of place. Search on the board, there are some great Triumphs here for inspiration.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
I'm with zeeman, I think a prism tank would look great on the bike. And the bike? He must have just plain wanted you to have it.

·
Registered
537 Posts
i agree with Sander, Goldy and Motorpsycho. You should really pull that motor apart to be sure. How bad would it suck to find out later.... the hard way?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts