Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figured I would take some pictures and post them so some of you guys could know what I been up to lately. Maybe you remember this old blue pan it came from 3Gknuck we did some trading on it. I think he picked it up for a song:) it was one of those deals that was good for both of us! My plan was just to do a little repair and ride it will doing other stuff just a ol beater. Well lill bill offered to lend a hand it was supposed to be quick in and out.( I think bill just wanted in my parts stash so he could sneak away some of my goodys for his long bike build) I wish I had a picture of the first day but the best I got is already on the chop block at bills old shop.
Well I been nursing around the last year doing little things to it fixing leaks, changing front legs and wheel to star and hub drum.replacing the primary belt basically going thru detweekerization! ( I told you my buddy got a good deal on it right?) well I recently decided to go two up sitting with 20$ oklahoma city swap meet seat. and some 10$ bates pegs, I also bit the bullet with some good deal slightly used repop aris headlights!
but my big deal was to add a brand new rev tech tranny. My buddy gave me a super hookup deal on it!
. Figured it be nice to share with like minded people what's happening in my garage

· Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just a standard 4 speed. It shifted a little stiff at first but after the second tank of gas it was smooth as butter. Yea it takes stock clutch I add a ramjet retainer I have had good luck with those on a belt drive application. This old bike is just a mixture of parts. So in my mind I just wanted a reliable old beater the rev tech was a good choice for me especially at dealer cost with free shipping. My old tranny is not that bad just needed a super nut and a couple of helicoils but this way I was not down for repairs. I am found of taking midnight rides. I got pulled over first time since living here the other night I did not know it was 2 am

· Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A couple more photos from my yard rode it alot this past weekend. I lik to freak out the so called bikers they love the helmet. The most popular item was th bicycle horn
stil hav base gasket leaking a few drops on the ground but I a getting there!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.