Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I picked up a new bike to ride back and forth to work yesterday. Its a 95 Sporty 883 with 10k on it. I ditched the ugly ass stock bars, turn signals, and other shit. It looks better. It needs a solo seat, new tires, and a new front brake cable. Not bad for $3,500

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rookie said:
Well I picked up a new bike to ride back and forth to work yesterday. Its a 95 Sporty 883 with 10k on it. I ditched the ugly ass stock bars, turn signals, and other shit. It looks better. It needs a solo seat, new tires, and a new front brake cable. Not bad for $3,500

Yeah a hardtail would be cool. I was thinking about the one from Kansas customs or something like that. Its like $350 or something like that. I may just slap some new tires on it and ride the crap out of it for a while and then get a Flyrite roller.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Rookie said:

Dig that Live to Ride air cleaner...it's different...I like it...

·
Banned
648 Posts
Hey that thing is a reliable donor that can turn into a cool bike with a little work in the right direction. $3500 for a 10k mile bike complete with title and a few gay accessories you can flip on eBay. You might just have a bitchin' ride for under 5k which isn't the easiest thing to do these days, especially with any HD. Make it a 1200, hard tail it, strip off the bullshit and have fun on it.

Just don't put a windshield on it and then post on here asking for opinions!

-Bill

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Not bad Rookie, we were working on a 1986 a couple of weeks ago and some dude bought a 883 for $3K and the fucking thing wasn't running and it was a basket case. We got the fucking thing running, but it's still crap, it still needs some work. You got a good deal, how's the Triumph coming along?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Billdozer1811 said:
<SNIP>

Just don't put a windshield on it and then post on here asking for opinions!

-Bill
Geez Bill, you really should learn how to read. I don't recall asking for opinions about my bike in my post. It was just a post stating that I'd bought the bike and was pleasantly surprised at how nice it runs. Go back, read it again, maybe have someone read it to you if you're unable to do it yourself.

·
Banned
648 Posts
Boyd Who said:
Geez Bill, you really should learn how to read. I don't recall asking for opinions about my bike in my post. It was just a post stating that I'd bought the bike and was pleasantly surprised at how nice it runs. Go back, read it again, maybe have someone read it to you if you're unable to do it yourself.
Check your PMs.

-Bill

·
Registered
51 Posts
I f'n love those "STORZ PERFORMANCE" kits they have for the 1200's they are too f'n cool... That exhaust is just the bomb!!

I am currently building my own 883 into something of a flat track / drag looker. I like the low sleek looks you canb achieve.

I would rather put the money into a rigid for it...

Maybe one day.. I just want to ride it asap now... almost there.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts