Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going with all period stuff; I love the late 60s thru 70s stuff. She'll be real skinny with some wild paint.

This frame is completely molded; the tank is welded on. I'll post more pictures tomorrow. The ugly wheels and tires won't be staying of course.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I like your end goal! The outline of her looks good! Maybe some slightly more focused pictures for future updates but I'll take whatever you got, somes better than none

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I didn't have my real camera handy, I used my cellphone. Plus I couldn't get far enough back, my garage is too small. I'll have to take better ones later.

Plans are some wild paint(in the air as far as color), spool front wheel, juice drum rear, sprung solo seat(getting old), P-Pad for the bitches, chrome twisted sissy bar(probably custom make it). Not sure yet what I'll use for a fender. Got a '55 Pan coming later this month, I plan to run both kick and electric start(again, getting old!).
I plan to try some tricks out of this book:

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Actually the rear wheelwells are stock(I believe? I got the car for $400, someone took it apart, painted it, and I bought it with no trim, bumpers, interior, etc.). I built a full frame out of 3"x4" tubing, put a '47-'54 Chevy truck axle under the front, and a rear out of an S-10(for now, I'm sure it will blow quick). I have several small block Chevies and a 331 Hemi, and a 6-71 on the shelf, gonna put one of them up front. Going to build an early 60s-style gasser/street freak/whatever the catch phrase of the week is; should be fun on the strip. I took pictures while building it:
http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=542558

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hey, where did you find the scans for the paint book? I've been doing some research and practice on some old tanks and looking for any ideas I can find. Painting is almost as much fun as building!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts