Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
away from home! I got this site e-mailed to me by Ed and I have to say, I just found my new digs! This place is everything that's cool! I'll build just about anything, but when it comes to my personal taste it's old world all balls bikes. I just wanted to say hello to everyone. My name is Mark. I'm a metal shaper in upstate NY. I just opened my own shop (midnightoilworks.com) and love anything on 2 wheels. I have a '03 sorty with apes and a couple small changes, but the real bike is the '71 TR6. It's basically a motor and trans sitting in a main frame hoop at this point but it's planned to be the first shop bike, old world tech and style. Anyways, just wanted to say hello and hope to meet some good people here and help out when I can!

·
Atomic Custom
3,829 Posts
Oilburner said:
away from home! I got this site e-mailed to me by Ed and I have to say, I just found my new digs! This place is everything that's cool! I'll build just about anything, but when it comes to my personal taste it's old world all balls bikes. I just wanted to say hello to everyone. My name is Mark. I'm a metal shaper in upstate NY. I just opened my own shop (midnightoilworks.com) and love anything on 2 wheels. I have a '03 sorty with apes and a couple small changes, but the real bike is the '71 TR6. It's basically a motor and trans sitting in a main frame hoop at this point but it's planned to be the first shop bike, old world tech and style. Anyways, just wanted to say hello and hope to meet some good people here and help out when I can!
Welcome! But as an asshole of the first order I must ask... ... ...

what the fuck is "old world tech and style"?

Is that the new "old school, ol skool, ole skewel, etc"?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Oilburner said:
Welcome, from a x-syracuse guy

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea, I guess that's my way of saying old school. I just don't like using "old school cause it seems to be a term that gets abused and misused too much lately. Sick of people spraying flat black on a pile os shit and calling it old school...Horseshit I say. I'm more of a "It ain't old school, It ain't new school, It's MY school" kinda guy. Anyhow, if it looks like something that would have been built in granddad's era it peaks my interest.
rockymtnpits said:

·
Registered
54 Posts
rockymtnpits said:

:) I gotta feeling you will be hearing more and more of that, remember RAT RODS!

Welcome Oilburner! Hang in there! Its a great place. John

·
Registered
936 Posts
Welcome.

My parents lived in the 'Cuse when I was 3-4. Had my first Halloween there - I was Bugs Bunny in a snowsuit, because there was a blizzard. :)

Old World - is that like Atlantis? No just joking, I get what you mean. Welcome to the modern world - where the old world is a new world misinterpreted by the rest of the world.

·
TI_Tuesday
1,444 Posts
Welcome. Have seat and stay for a spell.

Don't worry about Trent. Some guy named Todd robbed him of his extensive Liberace album/costume collection recently and he's totally upset.

rockymtnpits said:

·
Atomic Custom
3,829 Posts
Ed said:
Welcome.
Don't worry about Trent. Some guy named Todd robbed him of his extensive Liberace album/costume collection recently and he's totally upset.
While this may or may not be true, it has nothing to do with my original post concerning the use of " 'ol werl " technology.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts