Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so yeah, wanted to throw together my bike today atleast as a moick up, and a roller and get motor mounted and all, decided to start off with trees and all... took off stock ones, and noticed it wont fit my new frame...

stock XS neck = 7.5" x 2.125" where bearings go in

my neck = 5.5" x 1.75"

so im screwed, will probly have to cut neck off old frame and switch em, makin titling easier, but in WI they dont even check that shit anyways!!!! so looks like i have to kill a few hours doin that, and hoping i dont screw with rake too much... hahhhaa... might go less than stock, get her upright, LOL... 27 degrees is stock, i wanna be right around there, i dont like it laid out more.. .

no other options... i tihnk guy may have jus put wrong neck on the frame, i emailed him, usually takes him a day or two to get back to me... so we will see what he says..

·
Banned
2,854 Posts
You could also swap the stems from tree to tree, if you have a machinist friend to help you...hatch
51rat said:
so yeah, wanted to throw together my bike today atleast as a moick up, and a roller and get motor mounted and all, decided to start off with trees and all... took off stock ones, and noticed it wont fit my new frame...

stock XS neck = 7.5" x 2.125" where bearings go in

my neck = 5.5" x 1.75"

so im screwed, will probly have to cut neck off old frame and switch em, makin titling easier, but in WI they dont even check that shit anyways!!!! so looks like i have to kill a few hours doin that, and hoping i dont screw with rake too much... hahhhaa... might go less than stock, get her upright, LOL... 27 degrees is stock, i wanna be right around there, i dont like it laid out more.. .

no other options... i tihnk guy may have jus put wrong neck on the frame, i emailed him, usually takes him a day or two to get back to me... so we will see what he says..

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hatch said:
You could also swap the stems from tree to tree, if you have a machinist friend to help you...hatch
you lost me on that one... my neck is narrower AND shorter.,.. if i swapped stems i still need to make up for the bearing problem...

·
Banned
2,854 Posts
Sorry....I meant this....find out what the new neck was made for, then get a lower tree of that application, and remove the stem....put it in the yamaha lower tree. You could also cut the neck tube out of the yamaha, and install the yamaha tube in the new frame....just be sure to take some time on alignment before welding. A fixture is the way to go to really do it right.
51rat said:
you lost me on that one... my neck is narrower AND shorter.,.. if i swapped stems i still need to make up for the bearing problem...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts