Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys Knuck from Indiana here. This is the knuck I am working on now the first part I bought was a set of heads from a guy named Jerry Burrow used to own Road Hawgs here in North West Indiana, its a 46 mut from Knuckle to Pan ,and Shovel parts and even a front end from a later Fatboy. I will have it done soon I hope.. The other is a 1945 that I will be restoring after the 46, that 1945 Knuck will be a life long project I want it perfectly back to original. I hope you guys dont mind I have tried to do this on the bike pic thread but it has been closed? Thanks for the invite DUDLEY32

Attachments

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
That red Knuck looks fuckin great! Is that a Sportster rear fender on the front? Pipes, wiring and a seat and it's done!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
YEA THE SPRINGER IS CRAZY IT LOOKS LIKE THE FRONT END MIGHT BE ORIGINAL AS FAR AS I CAN TELL, THE TOP PLATE AND THE BOTTOM LOOKS TO BE TOO. THEN WHEN YOU LOOK AT IT CLOSELY IT SEEMS SOMEONE INSTALLED TUBES OR EVEN WISHBONES AND SLID THEM UP OVER THE LEGS TO MAKE IT LOOK BULKY. SO WHEN I GET TO WORK ON THAT THING I AM GOING TO CUT THE WELDS OF TO SEE THE SURPRIZE UNDERNEATH!!!! Knuck From Indiana.

·
Registered
380 Posts
nice bikes man im digging the shovel too keep up the work we will have to get a nwi crew together for some rides or something

·
Registered
98 Posts
You must be living right, Love them ole bikes they just have character and no sensors or much wiring, carbs that look like they fit a Murray lawnmower and simple,great job on the knuckle

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
YEA THE RED ONE HAS A GREAT FRAME ALL THE TABS OTHER THAN THE UPPER GAS TANK AND DASH MOUNT THAT HAS BEEN HACKED OFF :( I HAVE A ORIGINAL ONE THAT IS GOING BACK ON BUT FOR A BIKE THAT LOOKS LIKE IT HAS GONE TO HELL AND BACK IS IN REALLY GOOD SHAPE AND I AM GLAD THAT WITH ALL THE CUSTOM BUTCHER JOBS THAT IT HAS GONE THREW THAT THE FRAME IS 95 PERCENT ORIGINAL. THE BELLY NUMBERS MATCH SO THAT IS A GREAT START!!!!! THE MOTOR DOES NOT EVEN LOOK LIKE IT HAS EVEN BEEN OPEN, VIRGIN TERRITORY SORT A SPEAK. Knuck From Indiana.

·
Registered
44 Posts
i'm not sure that would be the correct front fender from i've seen though but dont quote me it looks like a later flh fender than the fenders i've seen on most knucks still a very cool project i'm diggin and jealous as well lol then again i cant ride due to bad stigmatism poor vision and reflexes

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
great bikes!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
YEA THOSE FENDERS LOOK COOL BUT I REALLY WANT IT BACK TO ORIGINAL, AS FAR AS THE FENDER I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THEY ARE FROM I KNOW THAT THEY ARE CUT IN HALF AND REWELDED SO I WOULD ASSUME THEY ARE NARROWED. Knuck From Indiana.

·
Registered
935 Posts
gotta love a knuck,but a pair is rare.no offense but the red print is hard to read

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
^^^^ Put the bowl down for a minute and you can see it,..........hahahaha

1 - 20 of 25 Posts