Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
picked this up at the vintage motorbike show in portland, indiana...i'm stoked...never had a bsa, but i love it already

Attachments

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
i cant tell because it5's been modified, but what year is that beauty? mid 60s i guess. cool score dude.
i'm prolly gonna get in trouble for askin' about cars again, but is that thing a '53 or '54 chebbie? if it was stock i wouldnt ask.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
beatcad said:
i cant tell because it5's been modified, but what year is that beauty? mid 60s i guess. cool score dude.
i'm prolly gonna get in trouble for askin' about cars again, but is that thing a '53 or '54 chebbie? if it was stock i wouldnt ask.
'65 500 twin
53 chevy
and yes a cushman 53

i don't know much about the bsa, but that's soon to change

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gas House Gorilla said:
Good show ol chap.Gonna change anything or run it like that? Whatever you choose...That Beeza rule's.
i'm open for suggestions... i like it the way it is but maybe a hard tail section later. i dont like the rear fender, it's flat.

anyone feel free to fire sugestions.

·
Registered
945 Posts
blktopbandit said:
i'm open for suggestions... i like it the way it is but maybe a hard tail section later. i dont like the rear fender, it's flat.

anyone feel free to fire sugestions.
Personally, I would leave it pretty much the way it is. It is period cool...looks just like most of the brits in the late 60s and early 70s.
Maybe add a little color...candy or metal flake. The rear fender is a boat fender that has been chromed...put one just like it on a 45 once. That was probably 68 or 69 so it is on the mark too! Anyway, nice bike! ps...post a pic of the Cushman.
Hank

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Englishman said:
Either go with the hardtail or put the shocks back on.

Any grumbling from the dreaded timing side plain crank bushing?
maybe... there is some slight noise but I'm just not familiar with the normal sounds yet. but it seems to run good, with the exception of when it's half way through third gear it seems to either miss fire or the tranny slips for a second. not sure but i plan a strip down and rebuild this winter.

·
Registered
62 Posts
leave it, definatley very period correct style.
change the paint maybe.
i would also take a look at those struts!
my buddy bought a trump with struts and that shit busted over some
railroad tracks. luckly he was not hurt!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
WOW, what a ride...just walked in the door from a wild ride. i took the bike down to a local bike nite deal to mess with the yuppies, everything was good for the first ride, then i decide to relax and grab a bite to eat. low and behold when i come out it's raining. no big deal... i take the back roads home so noone runs me over. i'm still having a good time and the rooster tails from the front tire are looking so cool in the headlight. then it really starts raining. my kd's are fogged up so off they came, then my contacts are floating in my eyes, so i'm leaning way to the side to dodge the rooster tail from the front tire and then it starts loosing headlights, and running like shit, so i shut off the light and it runs good. now i can't see shit and no lights except the car behind me. then i would flip on the dim headlight for on coming traffic, but it would just about die so i have to get going real fast when i see a car coming so i can have a light when they go by. then i get to the last intersection before my house and she finally takes a shit. could not start it for nothing so i had to push it about a 1/4 mile home. and as i'm pushing it and my boots are ful of water and i'm fuckin soaked i look down at the bike and smile and say to myself,"THIS THING IS FUCKING COOL"

sorry for rambling but that was a blast.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
epinut said:
blktopbandit, what brand is that rear tire?
its a carlisle 4.00 18 it's dry rotted and i'd like to find an exact replacement???

front is a dunlop gold seal k 70 3.25 19 also needs replaced

i hope to find these cause i'm really diggin the tread. a vintage vehicle should have vintage tread...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts