Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 20 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
let me start this out by saying this is my first bike. few years back i bought my first part and then.. yall know how it goes, i thought buying each part one at a time and learning what it did would be enuff to keep my plate full. corey from main drive cycles is building the bike. id like to thank lukenosewalker who turned me onto jj.i bought my first bike piece from him.a wasel patina tank i ended up not using it but, this site opened my eyes(i had no idea what i was gettin into)...so thnks man. i started out with a S-139a paughco rigid frame,next whas wheels i finnaly saved up and got some black bike wheels(black wheels,spokes..polished hubs and nipples),the front end and bars were done by ricky reyes of the anchor in saint louis ms.the next part whas the hardest,i decided with my limited experience with motors and bikes,the best thing to do whas save up for a brand new crate evo and baker ratchet top 4-speed.i will b running a 1 1/2 inch rivera belt drive and pro clutch.i will also be dechroming the rockker boxes and cover....ill post some more pic tonight ...my pc skills aint the best i usually dont post here just read up and gain some knowledge daily...thnks.....let me know what yall think

Attachments

·
Registered
999 Posts
so what size motor is that? mine's an 88" with a 5-speed, and i wish i had another gear. i couldnt imagine a 4-speed.

good start though, has a killer stance and i love the front end/bars.

·
Administrator
7,776 Posts
Nice components so far, gonna be a good looking build!

·
Registered
712 Posts
I'm building something similar and a similar style/set up so I'll be watching your build with great interest . Looking good so far .

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so what size motor is that? mine's an 88" with a 5-speed, and i wish i had another gear. i couldnt imagine a 4-speed.

good start though, has a killer stance and i love the front end/bars.
it's an 80"...man, i was undecided about the 4-speed but i don't have much experience riding so it might come back to bite me in the ass.

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
slim, like hippy said, its 1 to 1 on the final, you could drop a tooth on the wheel or step up one on the tranny sprocket and still have plenty on the lower end. red you could to but youll see more of a power loss on the lower end. oh ya, that paugcho looks good. im building one right now, 113" 35 digree neck, 3 digree cups. wish i would have ordered a 40 digree neck now though, oh well ill make it work.

1 - 20 of 166 Posts