Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I bought this piece of East Bay history in San Leandro, last November. It was in a wood shop in the back of this guys Custom Home. It was hung from the ceiling covered with about 1" thick layer of sawdust, my only regret is I did not take any pictures before I took it down!!! He was/ is fairley well off had a half dozen bikes from a perfect Triton to a factory superbike Aprilla (not to mention two Aston Martins, New turbo Porshe, all types of Mustangs for 1964 to Now). He was moving and needed to "get rid of some vehicles".
Anyway, didn't get to much info on it's history, he got it from a neighbor who got it from his dad, it has been kicking around Hayward, Castro Valley and San Leandro since day one, he said it was built in 1972, that seems right.
I has a great OG Ness front end, bars, foot pegs..the manditory prisim tank and a "stash box", a spool front brake, hell it even has an Arco rear tire in like new condition. It has a crazy gooseneck frame that I don't recognize and has no markings like all old frames. The bike has not been registered since 2007, that's when the engine was gone thru and painted (he said it had a "crazy psycodelic paint job that he could not stand :eek:) satin black 'cause "it looked cool", UGH!
Anyway he said it has not run since the "rebuild". So I got it, let it sit out the Holidays, a layoff...etc. I was gonna paint it a "crazy psycodelic" paint job and bring it to Born Free but time got away from me. I did get it running great, it was not wired for positive ground, bad coils, burned out boyer...etc. basically replaced all wiring and electric components, rejetted the as new Mikunis, fresh gas and BAM three kicks she fires up! Runs great, stops so so. Got it running the weekend of Born Free, and had the seat redone (another item the previous owner switched out and was about as Fugly as it gets!). So no paint job, kinda want to see whats underneath BUT won't cause as you know, one thing leads to another! She will be up for sale soon as Triumphs and I don't get along for very long. She is one bad Mutha though, and a kick to ride!

·
Registered
683 Posts
I love it..... I never cared much for the digger styled bikes but this one caught my attention....I'd ride the piss out of it ! Congrats on a great find!

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Looks a lot like a Climax Engineering frame. Well the goose neck looks like theirs, the hardtail section,not so much, so maybe not. Ness or Century frontend.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.