Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A good friend of mine was over yesterday with his '79 FXE... I've always wanted to take some decent pics of it, so finally I got the chance.

A bit about Dennis... he's a CRAZY mother fucker and he rides the shit out of this bike! It's awesome! He owned a scooter shop for awhile and road a scooter to work almost everyday! That's nuts in Vegas, but he made it cool and I gotta' say, the thing was pretty fun to ride! Anyway, Dennis works for Nevada Power Company (with Raygunriot) so he's always coming across bits and pieces that people give him. Instead of going out and buying stuff for brackets and such, he'd just make them from... well... anything and everything!!

The bike... you need to know about this bike! It's '79 HD FXE-jklmnop... It was built by a local old-timer shop who sort of recently went underground and does work on their hot drag bikes and will do your old pan and 45 if you can actually get them to open the side door. This bike has been modified in just about every way possible! The motor is bored and maybe stroked (not sure on that one), modified 4-plug shovel heads, probably cammed and tweaked, but there's still some history that we aren't 100% on. The frame was raked and a narrowglide installed. Had dual brakes up front... but who needs front brakes?! GONE! The tank is from the scooter he used to ride every day and is only like a gallon or something. Everyone loves going on trips when he rides that bike! HAAA! Stock fender mounts gone and the fender attached right to the swing arm. The oil cooler is a trans cooler from SoCal speedshop and you hot rod guys should recognize the 2bbl scoop adapted any which way but loose to the S&S carb.

Lots of great stories about Dennis and the bike has even more history. Maybe I can convince him to get his non-internet ass on here sometime and tell us a little more (and probably correct me on some things). I'll update if I learn more... in the mean time, enjoy the pictures (give it a few posts) tell him what you think. I'm sure he'll at least read this!

Cheers Dennis!

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
More pics... we took a few cheesey ones in the lawn too...

Coil mounts by your's truely! He polished the shit out of it when I was done...

So much detail to this bike! I cannot even begin to show it all to you! If you want to see more, you're just going to have to come to Vegas and check it!

·
Registered
427 Posts
whas the little bottle on the rear fender??? Is that a still..LOL...looks nice...I like the use out of those bananna caliper springs...coil bracket looks bitchin...overall bike looks very busy but I would ride the hell out of it...

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Chopper Chaz said:
whas the little bottle on the rear fender??? Is that a still..LOL...looks nice...I like the use out of those bananna caliper springs...coil bracket looks bitchin...overall bike looks very busy but I would ride the hell out of it...
The rear taillight glass is a telephone line insulator from like 1800 BC or something :rolleyes: . The rest of the light is top secret. :D It's super bright though and looks awesome going down the road at night.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
TurboRoadster said:
very cool and odd at the same time. thats awesome
That's how I always thought of it too. We used to give him a hard time about a lot of the stuff he put on it. The I realized that stuff started to come together. Just to give you an idea...

The rear fender supports are aluminum handles from a strapping tool, the key switch is mounted in part of a plastic box that was part of an old piece of test equipment, the round metal thing that covers the clutch on the primary is a fan cover from a big electric motor and in the middle of that is a little knob from the Harley Davidson Cafe that was made ONLY for the HD Cafe here in Vegas... five finger discount during dinner I believe. :D There's just tons of little things like that. Overall, the bike has some history in Vegas though. It was an early 80's era custom show bike when he got it. It all sound very cluttered when I talk about it, but when you really see the bike you see all the attention to detail and hard work he put into it. I'm more of a keep it simple stupid kind of guy, but I have to say, I like the bike and it sounds fuckin' bad ass too!!!

Wish I could report more about that Shovel motor though... I'll see what I can find out. Raygunriot knows more about it I think. Maybe he'll post something for us.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Hey Scooter
I'd like to include this bike in the news section of my website. Wicked ride, and I love the story you got along with it. You'd get full credit of course. I would just copy and paste the stuff from the board right into my news section - just wanted to make sure that was cool with you. the site address is www.knucklebusterinc.com
Lemme know.
Grail

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
grail21 said:
Hey Scooter
I'd like to include this bike in the news section of my website. Wicked ride, and I love the story you got along with it. You'd get full credit of course. I would just copy and paste the stuff from the board right into my news section - just wanted to make sure that was cool with you. the site address is www.knucklebusterinc.com
Lemme know.
Grail
Absolutely! That sounds neat! If you could, please mention who's bike it is. His name is Dennis Osinski. I'm sure he'll dig it! Thanks bro! :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.