Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Holy Cow!! that's the tallest set of risers I've ever seen. Are they solid mounted at the top tree??

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well i had a machinest add rubber mounts to an old style tree. came out pretty good. no broom sticks for me but i was thinking about superbars or something similar. i made them. just stole the idea from george. i used stock old style risers then made up some slugs to fit then welded and chromed them. been riding it the last two days and the vibes don't seem to bad yet. i'll have to ride it a full day to see if i can hang or not.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I just wondered about the wiggle factor. Iv'e got rubber mount risers on my bike, bike I'm running flat track bars and the wiggle factor is small. I just finished the bike below and the owner wanted the tall apes. The risers were rubber mounts and the length of the bars gave it about 2" of back and forth wiggle. Even though we both knew the bars were not going anywhere it was just to scarry feeling so I wound up solid mounting them. He likes them and the vibration seems minimal.

Attachments

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
PONY said:
I just wondered about the wiggle factor. Iv'e got rubber mount risers on my bike, bike I'm running flat track bars and the wiggle factor is small. I just finished the bike below and the owner wanted the tall apes. The risers were rubber mounts and the length of the bars gave it about 2" of back and forth wiggle. Even though we both knew the bars were not going anywhere it was just to scarry feeling so I wound up solid mounting them. He likes them and the vibration seems minimal.
i've got the same problem with my swingarm bike. lots of wiggle with the apes but hardly any wiggle with these risers. i noticed on the freeway today when i was cruzing with the flow of traffic( witch is about 80 mph) that the vibes are'nt bad at all. not like before. hot dam this might work.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts