Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i got an evo motor...cheap, reliable, and fairly simple. I am waiting on my 5 speed kicker...they are on back order...as for bars....i think i am going to fab up a few different bars and just see which ones i like best...i like a small compact bike so maybe a slightly swept back racer style bar or a real small "ape style" but only up 4 or 5 inches like a bmx bike...i think its all gonna be metal flake green. thats what it looks like in my head. its old school inspired but i have an evo and a 200 in the rear, but other than that it's preety trad. I am just building it as i go and making a bunch of little custom peices as they come to mind.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Looks good. Who made that frame? I saw it over at Richard's and it looked really nice...great welding on it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it was a kraft tech...i keep calling it a kraftwerks but that was a german band...it was cheaper than paughco and seemed to be of similar quality from the research i did...

im building it slow, trying to get the best parts for the best money...the peices are coming together though...

and brian i appreciate the good comments because you have a good eye and your bikes always seem to just look right...

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Nice tank, and I like the angle of the seat post. And I like your GasMonkey sticker on the door. And I hope that BS drama stays on the other board.

How's that? :D

Seriously, where did you get the tank? It's got a nice shape.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Nice looking stance, What sort of springer front end is that and about how much do they run? What sort of green? big Metallc flakes? British racing green with an off set ivory racing strip on the tanks and rear fender? ( humm, kind of like that idea) Keep us posted. Gregg

·
Registered
485 Posts
What is the curse of the green Harley again?:eek:

I to am dieing to know what kind of tank that is... Thats the kind of tank I have in mind for my next bike.

It looks like its coming together really nice. That 200 rear tire looks perfect too.

·
Registered
421 Posts
greggski said:
British racing green with an off set ivory racing strip on the tanks and rear fender? ( humm, kind of like that idea) Keep us posted. Gregg
No fair stealing my new cafe paint scheme dude. Well, maybe it is fair since I'm stealing Conder's checkerboard wheel idea. ;)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks... the tnaks is a 3 gallon mustang tank...im gonna run a wide rib or 3-5 small ones down the center and continue up into the fender with them...Going for a big heavy flake...either green like i said or blue...blue is my favorite color but in my head it still looks green...when i picture myself riding it it looks green...i dont even like green stuff that much but i think im just folloing my gut with this build...just doing what it looks like in my head...i also might put scallops, stars, or light outlines or stripes on it (hopefully bass will help on that front)...as for the springer i bought that from a guy in paradise texas...he sells vintgae harley parts and has a ton of stuff... pm me for his info...
oh and please no gas monkey drama...please.
-b

·
Registered
53 Posts
looks like a paucho to me, i dont think a spelled it right

Anthem said:
What is the curse of the green Harley again?:eek:

I to am dieing to know what kind of tank that is... Thats the kind of tank I have in mind for my next bike.

It looks like its coming together really nice. That 200 rear tire looks perfect too.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
frame is krafttech...im building it slow. lookin for deals and good ebay scores...i have a budget and im stickin to it...i can build alot of stuff so ill save there too...the frame was $851...cheaper than paugcho and the quality was awesome...

·
Registered
361 Posts
Bluebrian, Your building up your project up the right way, stay with your gut feelings and only take advise from people that you really respect(not including me). I wish i could stay focused on one project at a time, but as of right now i have about 4(and a ton of ideas for others) and it seems nothing really gets to far. Goodluck with the build and keep us posted. Gregg

·
Registered
175 Posts
pretty nice looking start,so your not buying into the whole green bike is bad luck deal?It took me a year to get all the parts bought for my pan,then almost another one to get it built.I was going to go army green but ended up with dark plum and silver flames.Weird how much it changed from the time i started to the time it was painted.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts