Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here she is:
<?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O /><O:p></O:p>
In all her running glory. She has been a total blast to build from the ground up and even more fun to drive down the road. I wish I had more time and money because I could be building bikes left and right with all the ideas I have. <O:p></O:p>
<O:p></O:p>
She is still a work in progress and once the weather turns, as it does here in Seattle, I'll tear her apart and paint her. I plan on shooting a bunch of professional pics of her with possibly a half naked chick thrown into the mix. <O:p></O:p>
I get the funniest reactions from some people. The other day someone came up to me and said "that's the funniest thing and the coolest thing I've ever seen" I took it as a compliment! She certainly has taken her fair share of criticism but most importantly she has received more than I ever imagined in compliments. People who have never taken a chopper for a spin are instantly hooked. I love seeing there expression when they return after a spin around the neighbor hood. <O:p></O:p>
I'm currently working on some tank badges that will have her name "mongrel". Plus there's the little bits and pieces that you want to tweak when you do something ground up like this. She's a hot rod and will never be done.<O:p></O:p>
What do you think?<O:p></O:p>
Motor<O:p></O:p>

Attachments

·
Registered
825 Posts
COOL!!!

But wait.....you let people who have not ridden a chopper ride it?!?!?!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Overall, I really like what you have done. Great stance and some great ideas in there. There are a few things that don't suit my eye though. I think maybe it's the seat placement, the oil bag (but it could grow on me) and the exhaust routes.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
thats pretty wild man. i dig it. that's some scary hairy rake on the fork! its a pretty neat mix of new, old & original styles & parts. the name fits well. that seat spring setup is pretty techno, cool thinking there. are those crazy fittings at the front & rear of the gas tank for mounting the tank to the frame? i assume the big tank hanging off the back is an oil tank? how much does it hold?

neat ride. i dig all the original ideas.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Is that a mechanical, cable actuated, front disc caliper? If so, where did it come from as I am looking for one. I like how the seat suspension goes all the way through the frame. Congrats.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The calliper is a modern day crotch rocket brake which I machined a bracket for from a chunk of aluminum I had hanging around.

Motor

pipeworx said:
Is that a mechanical, cable actuated, front disc caliper? If so, where did it come from as I am looking for one. I like how the seat suspension goes all the way through the frame. Congrats.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Looks great. Do live over in West Seattle or did you just take the pictures over there? I live in NE Seattle (Wedgwood) and also ride a rigid XL. I would love to check out your bike in person. We should meet up and ride around some. PM if you are into it.
Jakemon

·
Registered
568 Posts
Alot of stuff on that bike looks weird if looked at individually, but it somehow all comes together in a weird sort of way...it's most certainly different and in this case different is most definitely cool...in a weird way, of course.

I do like it. :D

·
Registered
135 Posts
Since you asked... I don't really like it.
It looks like a buch of parts and details that don't go together very well.
Just because it's different doesn't make it good looking...

-Marc

·
Registered
436 Posts
trippy looking bike. i like it. nice engineering details and original design ideas. beware of the gooseneck haters lurking here. looking forward to "half naked chick" pics.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey Everyone!

Thanks for the feed back. I think what's great about this hobby is the fact that there are so many varied ideas about what makes good design. I've never been a fan of the OCC bikes nor any sort of catalog kit bike as you can most likely tell from my bike and so many people just think it's the shit.
I'm having fun with her and may or maynot decide to paint her. I'm toying with the idea of selling her and if the buyer wants, I could paint it for them? Who knows, I could feel totally different tomorrow.

The great thing about being a designer and builder is that there is always a project or two waiting in your sketch book to be made.

Later,
Motor

1 - 20 of 21 Posts