Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i spend all weekend rewiring my sporty, and i finished yesterday.... everything works.... but im getting no fire to the plugs. ive checked all my wiring over about ten times. every connection is soldered and heat shrinked. when i turn the key to accessory the high beam comes like i wired it, turn it to ignition and depress my button it cranks, but no fire. its getting fuel (i think) there was a vaccume tube on the bottom of my carb that i have no idea where it went to. AND with all the cranking that i was doing trying to get it to kick over, all of a sudden i hear a BOOM and my oil dipstick blew out of my oil tank, it was cool as hell to see, but suckscause i was in the line of fire and oil went all over the bike. i wired EVERYTHING the way the wiring diagram said to and im at a loss.... this is the only thing keeping her from bein on the road, if someone can help id be very appreciative. and ive cruised the board to see if i could find anything on this situation and found nothing so thats why im posting a new thread

Jon

·
Premium Member
7,101 Posts
Post a pic of the wiering diagram, I might beable to help, I think you should have a wire grounded and dont....Roach.

·
Registered
355 Posts
If you aren't getting fire to the plugs its because there is something wrong with the wiring from the Ignition to the coil. Had the same issue with my Evo. Checked inside the nose cone and one of the wires was touching metal and grounding out. Taped it up and evrything was fine.

·
Registered
426 Posts
start at the cam sensor on the right testing the 3 wires from that and making sure you have a good connection at the plug (especially if you pulled the pins out- i didnt force them far enough back in and spent 3 days trying to figure that out)

from there go to the ignition box and test the wires coming out of that (pink and white i believe) im goign off memory but i believe one of these should be hot when the key is on and the other intermittent (creating the spark)

the grey and the white wire need to be combined that eliminates the kill switch so if you dont have those put together its not completing the circuit for the power.

you can bench test a coil too to eliminate that as a culprit i forget how i did it exactly but someone on here will know

1 - 4 of 4 Posts