Jockey Journal Forum banner
141 - 160 of 225 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #142 ·
Wow!!! looking good!! bet ya can't wait to get her back on the road .
Thanks.. :)

3 weeks ago we had almost +20 C. that stressed me out. woke up this morning and it had snowed +1 C...

its gonna be lovely to ride her again.... :)

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #144 ·
I don't know how I missed your thread. Your shovel is looking awesome! Great work, as always!
Cheers, Dan.
Thanks Dan, glad you like it. it feels lika i have owned her for years now but its only been since juli so not even a year...

hehe.. its not an easy job to follow every build here i missed alot of threads...:)

what are you working on at the moment?

cheers // Kennneth

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #148 ·

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #149 ·
I had my Mom and Dad visiting for a couple of days, so i havent been in the garage for a while.. They live far away so i couldnt just dissapear..

well they left today so here we go....

Started on my 2 into 1 exhaust... (not everybodys cup of tea)

its 2 different systems that i used..

cutting and grinding this was a pita..

almost there...

mock up before welding (MiG)

boom smack... done!

Also got the time to weld a plate under the seat where i will mount my key and light switch...

getting really excited because its not long before i can fire her up :)

Cheers guys....

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hello Knallert !

Please tell me more abaout that solenoid mod... Do you manualy push the bendix in to the clutchsprocket ? Do this dothe same as the cool "lever solenoid kits" i have seen ebay; custom chrome +++ ?

buddha000:Thanks, but i dont think it will be yellow after this winter......

............................................................................................

My electric start system dont work that well... relay just says "click click"........

I have used my leg since i bought the bike. and its nice to kick start a bike again!

but i found some solenoid start buttons online and thought about them for awhile.

so i took the lid of the solenoid and made my own button...(cheap basterd)

10mm bolt that i shaved 80% of its head and mounted a spring on it...
drilled and made a 10 mm thread and glued the skull in place..
it works great!

it had to be a skull, since all the tough motorcycle rider got them, and i dont wanna be any less tougher....

also started on my mid controls (sketchup 8)

its only the start of it all... havent got a good solution for the right side yet, have to think about it and do some searching..

That´s all folks....

Cheers // Kenneth

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #155 ·
Hello Knallert !

Please tell me more abaout that solenoid mod... Do you manualy push the bendix in to the clutchsprocket ? Do this dothe same as the cool "lever solenoid kits" i have seen ebay; custom chrome +++ ?
yup its a "COB" (cheap ol bastard) copy of a custom chrome kit..

here is a pic of the original..

http://www.slickcustoms.com/catalog/product/gallery/id/2319/image/11595/

The way i did it was to grind 80% of a 10mm bolt head. leaving 2 mm of the heads hight..
then i inserted it from the inside of the lid i previously drilled...
on the threaded side (outside) i put 2 springs on small in a bigger on..
Drilled a hole in the skull and tapped it (plastic) and screwed the bolt on it..

did that make any sens? hehe

Looking real good man.
Thanks grub... I appreciate that :)

Yeah nice work kn, would like to see some full shots of her.
Thank you very much..
ill take a pic for you tomorrow... its comming of the lift!! fuck im excited..

ps. Bought a Spyderco Tenasious that i got in my mail today.. 45 min later i cut 4 mm of my right thumb!:eek:

dont you just love sharp folder...

cheers !

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #157 ·
Yeah nice work kn, would like to see some full shots of her.
I took her off the lift and rolled her out in the sun for you....

Im not happy with the angle of the exhaust... dont like that its pointing down before the muffler... but what can i do? have to level the bike up a bit. shorten the forks would help..

Im really happy with the rear fender.. think it came out nice and tight.

and a shot of the "ugly" side of the bike to...

still have to sort out the front brakes...
put on a new (thinner) chain....
connect some wires.....
fill up with fluids......
cross my fingers and hope everything goes well.........

Cabinet Jesus: Thanks man!
sorry to hear about your mom...
its not often i get a chance to se my parents.. maybe 2-3 / year..
Maybe its time for a suprise visit to your dad? bring some BBQ ;)

Cheers Guys!!

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Ken, It's not often I see that kind of seat used on a swing-arm bike that looks "right", but you pulled it off. Very tiddy looking. +1 on shortening the front end to level it out. Exhaust design is a nice fresh take on things too. Great job!

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #160 ·
your bike came a long way, lowering the front end wouldn't be a bad idea. sharp looking and you'll be on time for good weather!
Thanks man..
regret that i didint change the upper tubes (or cut them) when i had the fork apart.. oh well.. another day :)

Ken, It's not often I see that kind of seat used on a swing-arm bike that looks "right", but you pulled it off. Very tiddy looking. +1 on shortening the front end to level it out. Exhaust design is a nice fresh take on things too. Great job!
Thanks Dan.. I appreciate your comments.
think i got real luckey with the seat, it was originaly made for my Hinckley "bobber" (I knocked it out on a 2x4 wood piece)
but i couldnt help myselfe snagging it and putting it on my "rider"

Last pic here is a tribute to you Dan.. Cheers

And I couldnt have made this with out some help from Alva, my 1.5 year old girl...

Its really important to look good when you wrench...
who said chrome was bad?

Adjusting carb...

Checking for oil leaks...

-Ok Dad, Im ready to kick this mother to life... step back and watch how its done!!

and guys.... (Dan)

Cheers!

141 - 160 of 225 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.