Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Once you get it on the ground, I'm sure you'll find that swingarm flip to be too low...if not for speed bumps, corner will stand you up and lay you down.

...and if even if that weren't the case, check you final drive chain to primary housing clearance. I can almost guarantee that it's ready to eat that housing up when you get going down the road.

You can't really go that low, reliably on a suspended bike.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
It all makes sense, but that's a lot of unnecessary wires unless you feel uncomfortable without things like a kill switch to the coils (you have that inherently in a key), the battery disconnect on the ground (totally unnecessary in my opinion), the fuse inline to the light (fuse or bulb, doesn't matter something's gone wrong if you're blowing either), and the fuse from the hot to the key switch (I would move it from the hot to the regulator, so if the reg goes it doesn't overload the battery).

Nothing is uglier to me than too many wires.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
No sweat man. I wasn't trying to give you grief, just some things to consider from your schematic. When it come to wiring, the easier the better (less chance of having to chase down problems).

I've heard of starters not disengaging as well, but never had a problem with it as the starter didn't last very long on my Shovel.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
sorry to hear about your broken electric leg BigDawg..

thats why i post on this forum!
to get useful and tryed out stuff/ideas so i dont have to make a gazillion mistakes rebuilding this bike... the combined knowledge on this forum is immense!

and I love getting another point of view... or else i could just look at my pitctures on my computer and ask my girlfriend for advice..haha

thanks for helping man.. cheers
Oh no...it wasn't broken...it was removed. Kick only.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.