Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this bike for 800 dollars not running.. Here it is when I brought it home..

I got it running great and tore the whole thing down.. I had Bitterend Old School Choppers do the weld on hard tail for me.. they are only a couple hours away and Al is great to work with...

Heres where Im at now.. I hope to have it going down the road this week possibly..

And heres me on it.. I know the pipes are not adjusted right.. I just sat them on there to check it out.. :) I'll post more pics when its done. This winter I'm going to make my own foward controls for it.. do brass knurled grips, pegs and risers and I'm leaning on doing copper oil lines this week..

Thanks for checking it out and let me know what ya think !

Ben

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep it will clear. Its super close but it will work. I did the flames.. Its what I do for a living. I've painted over 450 bikes and I specialize in flames.

I just thought the gold with some medium metal flake covered in candy gold would go great with all the brass, copper and chrome.

Thanks for the compliment !

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I keep hearing that lol. What I'm going to do is get it all done and then this winter I'm going to make my own set from scratch. They will be black and machined look with brass pegs.

Those controls were with the bike when I bought it so I'm not out anything at least.

Right now I just want to get it all done and running and ridable. so I can ride it a bit before it gets cold.. then I have allllll winter to really tweak it and make it sick. :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
nice ride! 800$ you americans are lucky bastards, a similar bike i that shape would cost like 7500-8000$ plus all the costs for rebuild it...thats prob around 15 grand for that bike here
:(

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.