Jockey Journal Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Bandits_M, their tears will dry and these guys will forgive you and be happy that you're taking your bike in such a tasteful (if well-traveled) direction. Looks good both ways to me, but the chop shows off the pretty engine to better advantage. So, uh, good. Nice work so far.
Yeah i like stock bikes too, but the chopper is what I really wanted to build and I've been doing it with what I got or can afford.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Re: My 69' Harley Chopper Build

How could this not grow on you , great bike ...If you would ask me you are done chopping mikey
Because I like sidevalves and knuckles! Post 47/48 (very early pan) doesn't do anything for me that's all! but his genny shovel is really nice chopped and was in the swinger!

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Looks great. I think you're onto something.

Almost a shame to paint them, isn't it, when they look so good in metal?

Question #2: What's that Triumph-shaped thing in the background?

·
Registered
145 Posts
That is a nice looking Genny Shovel you’ve got in the works there. It’ll be cool to see what rear fender you go with. Thanks for sharing this.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Thank you.

I don't recall what it is, it's a 1970, It's not a bonneville

Looks great. I think you're onto something.

Almost a shame to paint them, isn't it, when they look so good in metal?

Question #2: What's that Triumph-shaped thing in the background?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I was originally trying to use a Cooper one, didn't like the width, started to narrow it up and it just wasn't working out. Sooo I'm having my buddy (Eighty Four Below shop in Santa Cruz) whip up a narrowed Trailer fender.

That is a nice looking Genny Shovel you've got in the works there. It'll be cool to see what rear fender you go with. Thanks for sharing this.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts

My buddy nick and I also built this thing throughout the start of last year till now... it's dialed in and running pretty damn good!
Saw the youtube of you talking about your shovel and the knuck! Good to hear it's running well. Knucks do run really well if you can get the carb dialled. They do enjoy a linkert!

·
Registered
3,356 Posts

Saw the youtube of you talking about your shovel and the knuck! Good to hear it's running well. Knucks do run really well if you can get the carb dialled. They do enjoy a linkert!
Where can I find that youtube?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
That's so awesome! Thank you for watching our content. We should have some more coming up.

My buddy nick and I also built this thing throughout the start of last year till now... it's dialed in and running pretty damn good!

·
Registered
1,686 Posts

That's so awesome! Thank you for watching our content. We should have some more coming up.
More than welcome man! Always like to watch what other guys are doing!

·
Registered
1,470 Posts

One last pic before final fab is done and onto paint powder and chrome
I like that a lot!!
I have a 68 fairly stock with a fullly rebuilt engine and sometimes I look at her and think "that engine would look beautiful in a hardtail"
One of, if not the best, looking engine.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Yeah, they do look great In a hardtail , but remember it's a Little more work than the rear frame. There's a list of things you cannot run on a hardtail from the original soft tail frame.

[JP said:
;2074088]
One last pic before final fab is done and onto paint powder and chrome
I like that a lot!!
I have a 68 fairly stock with a fullly rebuilt engine and sometimes I look at her and think "that engine would look beautiful in a hardtail"
One of, if not the best, looking engine.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Yeah, they do look great In a hardtail , but remember it's a Little more work than the rear frame. There's a list of things you cannot run on a hardtail from the original soft tail frame.
Oh yes for sure, know that from when I hardtailed my 76 Shovel.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts