Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I scored this 1969 generator shovelhead back last year around April. I got it running and within 15 minutes Of
Running, the motor blew. So I tore it down and have been building it with the help
Of my buddy Nick Turner.

Attachments

·
Registered
392 Posts
Jeez that motor and pipe combo must sound sweet in that echo chamber you live in. Your neighbors probably despise you...

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
That made me chuckle about the neighbours
It’s a great looking bike
What is it about 1969 ?
Best trump t120 was 69

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jeez that motor and pipe combo must sound sweet in that echo chamber you live in. Your neighbors probably despise you...
It did sound pretty good for not really messing with it. I'm excited to see how the motor sounds with the rebuild and new pipes.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
it can all be fixed but still a bummer,
swing arm bikes are getting rare to find un-butchered, a far better ride than any feckin soft tail evo shite in my book,
when apart post pics of the carnage, there are some good engineers here who might be able to help repair things if you cannot.....

·
Registered
20 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
it can all be fixed but still a bummer,
swing arm bikes are getting rare to find un-butchered, a far better ride than any feckin soft tail evo shite in my book,
when apart post pics of the carnage, there are some good engineers here who might be able to help repair things if you cannot.....
I was bummed to go full rebuild at first but I've learned and try to learn from others, seems best to do it make it reliable the first time around with everything mechanical and electrical.

And thank you 😎

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Looks great, Mikey.

I was never really a shovel kinda guy.. but they are growing on me!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks great, Mikey.

I was never really a shovel kinda guy.. but they are growing on me!
It was my goal to at least get a shovelhead as my first bike,
I got lucky with this one. In the future, i might drop in a Panhead. I'd be content with that haha

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Bandits_M, their tears will dry and these guys will forgive you and be happy that you're taking your bike in such a tasteful (if well-traveled) direction. Looks good both ways to me, but the chop shows off the pretty engine to better advantage. So, uh, good. Nice work so far.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I realy like it if i wasn,t building one on a Kraft Tech frame i have been very tempted to start pulling things off my FLH. Good job.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Re: My 69' Harley Chopper Build

Bandits_M, their tears will dry and these guys will forgive you and be happy that you're taking your bike in such a tasteful (if well-traveled) direction. Looks good both ways to me, but the chop shows off the pretty engine to better advantage. So, uh, good. Nice work so far.
Affirmative.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts