Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a pictures of the bike to be. As you can see it's in the early stages and a long ways to go. George at Spartan fabbed a masterpiece with a 1930 Ford radius rod that will be chrome plated before paint. George also made this bitchen girder. I am dedicating this build to a fallen Brother "Joe" he in part is my inspiration for this build. Other inspirations are bikes from the early 70's.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well, what's the vision for the bike? What's it gonna turn out as? Engine?
A lot of bling, I had a 76 FLH I was going to use as a donor but, as luck would have it I scored a 58' Pan while it was being rebuilt by George of A Vintage Cycles in NH. I just got the title the other day. George has been sending some update picture, I'll post the latest.

Very nice start. Are you going for show or go or both?
It's going to be show & go with a lot of custom goodies.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Thanks.
Here's the spec's on the Panhead:
Heads totally rebuilt, re-conditioned with lead free seats, new guides, new shovelhead valves and STD specific springs. They are decked and will be CC'd
The top end has Baisley roller tip rocker arms
Big Jims, Brass push rod tubes.
Set of 4 with re-conditioned Blocks
The Pans are aluminum,polished
S&S 514 cam
Truett and Osborne 4 1/2" stroke lower end completely balanced and trued with a rebuilt, balanced set of Shovelhead rods
Original 58 panhead cylinders re-sleeved to standard bore
S&S stroker pistons
S&S billet oil pump
S&S original style intake manifold
S&S shorty E carb with a Thunderjet
Cycle electric Generator with 14 tooth gear
JIM's lifters and blocks along with Jim's adjustable push rods
Cam gear, idler gear, timer gear, ignition breaker with e-beyond 2000 quick start unit and a polished cam gear cover
84ci.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Im sure Joe would approve,looking forward to the build.
A positive thought for sure.
Got a Wyatt Gatlin Shooter tank that I'm going to chop frisco style, so here we go, never chopped a tank before so this should be interesting. Took my Dewalt saw and went at it, cut it down the center and cut the bottom out and then clean up the edges.
Before;

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
After

After the chop;
As you can see from the picture chopping a couple of inches out the tank made a big difference. Got the tank halfs squared up and dropped them off to Phat Rides, Randy the co-owner just opened the doors a month or so ago, He did some impressive welding for me on my 51 F1 sometime back.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts