Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
being my first "custom " build i started by finding a motor. i went with the evo sporster since i live in indianapolis and needed a dependable bike as my daily commute ride. this is where im at so far. i ditched the sporty tank for what i wanted originally wanted which is a honda dream or ca77 tank. i bought a prostreet style frame so it had plenty of extra backbone so i could have it de raked down to 28degrees so it goes where i want it went i want it. well enough chit chat here are pics of where it sits thus far. should have the frame back from getting the single downtube and 1" stretch up and 1 1/2 " out within a month. thanks for looking there will be more pics coming as i progress through the build

Attachments

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
im going to be running minimul chrome so most parts i am giving the brushed look with some wd40 , sand paper and a whole bunch of elbow grease. i am runing duel discs up fron and a "stiffner bar acrossed the back of my wide glide front end so i shaved the front fender mound . ill put a finished pic of the lowers and trees up this weekend.

Attachments

·
Registered
380 Posts
looks like this is gonna be cool build man. im excited to see what it looks like with the downtube back in and forks on.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I named it for the country road that my dad lives on where I'm building it . it's actually old slocum trail

·
Registered
815 Posts
Looking forward to updates on this one. Subscribing. I'm really digging it. I love the tank, and the de-rake. I like big tires up front, too.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well my computer took a trip to the fatal error blue screen so all I can do on here is load pictures to my albums on my public profile. I just posted pics of my fender struts. If you follow this thread ill let you all know when I post new pics in my albums and with any luck I will have a new laptop soon so I can keep this thread going

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Still hateing to use my cell phone for interweb activities so I just uploaded pics of my completed forks. And pics of me and my finished and mounted oil bag made from a roached out fl fender I found in the pops' parts stash

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
oil bag i made out of the fender from i believe an old flh. not sure. this is it before i split and shrtened it. o i used the cap from an old ironhead sporty oil bag. thats how im keeping this build so cheap.

Attachments

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
been on hold for a couple weeks now so i worked on the things i didnt need the frame to do. should have my frame back from Ardcore choppers here in indy sometime this week or early next...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts