Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Moving to the Birmingham, Al. area (actually the job is in Anniston but I am looking for a place somewhere in between B'ham and Anniston). It is for an exhibit design firm, museum exhibits, tradeshow exhibits, and things like that. They are hiring me as a graphic designer but they said I should get to do some industrial design since that is actually my background.

A college buddy of mine said they needed help so I applied and interviewed last week and they called me this week to tell me I got it. Should look nice on the ole resume and it is more money also. Not to mention it puts my graphics business in a larger market. Plus with being right near Barber's and Talledega GP I can focus on doing racecar and motorcycle graphics which is what is fun to me anyway.

Plus this means no more missing races that are happening at Barber's!

So it should be fun, still kinda iffy on the whole picking up and taking off thing but I am really tired of the place I am at now (grew up here but I guess I got spoiled when I left for college) and B'Ham is a nice city with cool hangouts to haunt and better motorcyles roads and better motorcycling scene in general (here in south Alabama it is all poseurs on cruisers and on sportbikes with 2 inches of p*$$y stripes.

So if anyone is ever in the area let me know so can meet up.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I wish I'd been an Industrial Designer instead of a History Major. Too bad CAD was a slacker class at my high school. Turns out what I really love about history is the old designs. I just spent the last hour reading websites about Henry Dreyfuss and Raymond Loewy and I'm feeling really down about it. Good luck, man.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts