Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Just bought a sweet lowbrow P-Nut tank and the thing is the ducks
Nuts. Now the hard part how to mount it on the bike. I thought about drilling into the frame and bolting it on, but the bike is matching numbers.

My other idea was to pop rivet or weld a steel fastener to the tabs and just fasten it to the frame. At least it wouldn't require drilling into the frame.

Any ideas or tips guys?

Cheers, Greg

·
Registered
295 Posts
drilling the frame and welding in a threaded bung doesnt mean it has to be there forever. If you have done that and want to go back to a stock bike, the bung can be filled in with weld, ground flush, and no one would be any the wiser.

·
Registered
148 Posts
studs...put bolts through drilled tabs with nuts uppermost,place on frame in position,tack bolt heads to frame,remove tank and weld bolt heads fully to frame.it will look nice with acorn nuts.can be ground off later if going back to standard or changing tank .

·
Registered
382 Posts
Extend the tank tabs, make special clamps out of steel and tack the ends, (the clamp and tab can be one piece) finally braze it over, it will be strong and it will look stock. i am making the oil tank mounts like this, will post pictures on my build.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Extend the tank tabs, make special clamps out of steel and tack the ends, (the clamp and tab can be one piece) finally braze it over, it will be strong and it will look stock. i am making the oil tank mounts like this, will post pictures on my build.
amazing thread. true craftsmanship.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts