Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off let me say I'm down here in Louisiana, our titling process down here is horrible and I'm in a pickle! I recently picked up a old chromoly motor shop frame super excited about it but it has no numbers and I don't plan on putting a titled motor in it, I have a brand new set delkron generator cases i bought from a indie shop that went out of buisness a while back , so i just have a bill of sale for the cases just a little back story.

so now I figured I have 2 options and I haven't dealt with either one hopefully some of you have.
I can try to find a special construction title with vin plate on social medias to buy and put on it.
or
Since I actually deal with chromoly a lot I can get recipts for the metal it would take to build one so then i could attempt top appy for a homebuilt vin

all my research has come up very short especially with no numbers on the frame.

any input would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
119 Posts
you could sell the delkron cases and find a set of title panhead cases and title it as so.

you could buy a shovelhead titled frame, stamp those numbers into a boss on the motorshop frame you bought and have it titled as so ( not advice just a theory since thats illegal)

or you could go through the special constuction process, in my state requires a sheriffs inspection to be deemed "roadworthy", they look for turn signals and brakes etc.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts