Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have signed up to ride the Motorcycle Cannonball cross country endurance ride again next year. They have increased the age of the bikes to 1929 and older. So I am busy building and prepping a 1926 Harley I bought last year from a guy who had it on display in his bar.

This photo is what it looks like this week. Earlier this summer I took it down to Wheels Through Time museum and we got it running and sorted out. Then, not aware of the new Motorcycle Cannonball rules, we stripped it down as a racer. Now I have been busy bolting all the parts back on. I am still looking for a decent 6-volt horn and a correct 100 mph Corbin speedometer set up.

Still lots more work to do but I feel I am well on my way.

Full coverage of this in the pages of American Iron Magazine starting in a few months.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Remember reading article in either OZbike or live to ride (aussie mags)

cant remember if it was 80s or 90s but there was a blue and white J model racy lookin job on the strip next to a late or new HD and the J left it in the dust.
No it wasnt an 8 valve but it was a rocket!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Remember reading article in either OZbike or live to ride (aussie mags)

cant remember if it was 80s or 90s but there was a blue and white J model racy lookin job on the strip next to a late or new HD and the J left it in the dust.
No it wasnt an 8 valve but it was a rocket!
The early Harleys are VERY light and agile. Reasonably fast but no rockets. On the first Motorcycle Cannonball there were a few riders of modern bikes that could not keep up with us on certain tight and winding roads, which was kind of funny for us on the pre-1916 bikes. Of course the new Harley were a lot faster in the straightaways.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.