Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a tent that packs down to fit in a saddlebag, meaning the packed tent with folded tent poles is 14 inches or less. I found a couple one person tents but they look like they could get cramped if you make a habit of camping. I like to have my bike ready as a bug out vehicle whenever I feel like it, and it's good to know I always have a tent stuffed in the bottom of a saddlebag without having to look like I'm on vacation somewhere.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I went to REI. I found a tent made for bicycling that fits on the handlebars. Most are 400- 500 dollars. I also thought about just making my own tent poles or cutting down the ones that come with an A frame tent. You would think there would be more demand for this. The other option is a hiker's tent that sets up with one or two trekking poles, but I would rather have something that keeps bugs out than just a rain cover. I'll probably go with the expensive route, it's good to have something I can pawn if I have to and also fits in a backpack.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is an old thread. I haven't been on here for a while. I found a couple of cheap, new, 1- 2 person tents and cut all the individual tent poles in half and put the end pieces together so they fold up well. Then I threw out what was left of the other tent. It fits in a saddlebag and a regular backpack easily, with the tent poles. It also cost me less for two walmart tents than buying replacement pole kits and a tent along with it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.