Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Stella work as usual guys!!..I have nuthing this week but soon to come..

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hand formed/forged copper tank. Not done yet, but close....

I'll be forging a fender, headlight bucket, oil tank, and battery tray in the same hand hammered style. I'll update as I make progress, but it's a slow process, and I'm fitting it in around my work. Which is, SURPRISE, making hand hammered copper lamps.

·
Registered
75 Posts
That copper is awesome! Are you gonna sweat it closed somehow or let gas leak out the river holes? Haha! That's a "real" flame job. Keep it up! Are you gonna let it patina too?

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'm going to let it patina naturally. Should be interesting that way. It will be soldered at the rivet joint and the bottom will be TIG'd in. The cap will be copper, as will the filler neck. The neck will have a flange that will be riveted and solder sealed as well. I'd prefer not to light on fire. Call me crazy, I know.

·
Registered
75 Posts
That's a good plan, not catching on fire. Hope you'll post some more pictures as it progresses along. Looking forward to seeing more of it!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Man, there's a lot of talent here! I'm really enjoying looking around. I know my "Twinkie" isn't old iron but I think you guys may inspire me to make it a little more interesting. I like to keep it cheap with DIY stuff so I may be scalpin ideas here. Hope you don't mind. I'm an ol guy on a tight budget. Geezer

·
Registered
978 Posts
Flamed, grafix, & pinstriped.

P1010398.JPG

(too bad...I kin paint up a storm, but can't take a photo fer sh*t!) :(

1 - 20 of 23 Posts