Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BUT, one problem solved.

The problem I was having for the last few months was that the battery wasn't charging. turned out it was the stator wires being broken inside of the primary cover. Great. THAT was easy. Now, whenever I hit the brake light, the bike shuts off. same with the head light being hooked up. dead. I'm hoping that its the battery just being weak, which it is (I think) I only had it charging up a little while. I'm hoping that a fresh battery cures this. But, at least now its charging again. Its a Boyer E.I. set up, by the way. What do you guys think?..

Spike

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
I think your a douchebag.

get a battery tester thinger see what shes doin.

hell batteries are cheap for that bike...just go get a new one anyways. your battery not chargin probably screwed it all up anyways .

also, you have to RIDE it for it to charge........not trailer it or keep it in the garage.......

douchebag.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Spike! said:
BUT, one problem solved.

The problem I was having for the last few months was that the battery wasn't charging. turned out it was the stator wires being broken inside of the primary cover. Great. THAT was easy. Now, whenever I hit the brake light, the bike shuts off. same with the head light being hooked up. dead. I'm hoping that its the battery just being weak, which it is (I think) I only had it charging up a little while. I'm hoping that a fresh battery cures this. But, at least now its charging again. Its a Boyer E.I. set up, by the way. What do you guys think?..

Spike
Fresh battery should cure this. Think about it.... Since tha battery is low, all the "juice is going to keep the ignition sparking. When you step on the brakes, or turn on the lights, it diverts enough "juice" to the lights to kill the ignition. If thats not it, triple check your grounds.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts